Saturday, February 4, 2012

Baby Wipes

I have one son now, and one baby on the way. At first I was thinking I have some extra time before the next one and feeling ambitious. I told my husband what about making cloth diapers. It would save so much money. Then he opened my eyes to what that would really look like cleaning those diapers and extra work that really would be. So I considered it and said ok, what other thing can I make that will help cut costs? I think with laundry soap and dishwasher soap alone that helps so much. I was on Pinterest again found a great link to make your own baby wipes. I figured I would give it a try. Only thing I had to buy was a container to put these in since I already had: paper towels, tear free baby shampoo/ body wash, and baby oil. So, I gave it a try and its a success. After showing my family they are convinced too. My mother in law even mentioned to have at least two containers going at one time when the baby comes since you use so many. The price of the huge bags of wipes are around $6.00 per bag and when my son had diapers I was using the bag at least every two weeks. You buy baby soap anyways and only use 1 1/2 tablespoons per batch and the baby oil I use to get waterproof mascara off and use 1 tablespoon. Depending on where you get your supplies its probably $6.00 without the purchase of the containers. You want something that is sealing because you are going to have it upside down for all the liquid to soak through the paper towels. Here is my link for where I got it.  

Ingredients:
1 Roll of Select a size Bounty Paper Towels
1 1/2 Tbsp. Tear Free Baby Bath Soap
1 Tbsp. Baby Oil
2 Cups of Water

To make it easier go to the link for the step by step pictures. They are great and easy to follow.
I have noticed that since I made mine there is a liquid pool at the bottom and its safe to pour it out. You don't want soggy wipes.


I have a baby shower I'm going to soon and I think I am going to do this for her and give her the recipe so she can have this great tip and save some money. I think its a great gift. I think with the baby coming soon I would leave the liquids in a container separate, so she can add the liquids once the baby is home and can use right away. I have a cousin who is having a baby soon too and will send her the link for sure.

I hope this has been helpful and are able to use this. I know I can't wait to use this for my next baby. Now I just have make up wipes for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment