Sunday, January 29, 2012

Best Dishwasher Soap So Far

I have tried just using borax and washing soda and that never left glasses and silverware looking clean. I found a recipe that keeps glasses looking clean and silverware looking great. I've never been able to find citric acid before in the stores but glad to find something else that works as great. I found the recipe from Pinterest on this blog that I have begun to enjoy.

Homemade Dishwasher Soap:
Ingredients:
2 Cups of Super Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer)
2 Cups of Borax
1 Cup of Kosher Salt
1-2 12oz containers of LemiShine
  (I used one and it was fine)


Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl. You can store in a plastic bag or measure 1Tbsp. in ice cube trays and it will harden and use that for your washer. After a couple hours the powder will harden like a rock. I suggest plastic bag only because you can use a rolling pin or rubber mallet to pound it out. Once its hardened and you break it up it won't clump again. It takes 2Tbsp. per load. 1 Tbsp in each department or section.

I have been using it for almost a month and it was made noteworthy for you. I found the LemiShine at Walmart. On their website its supposed to be at Target too. Its about $3.00 per bottle.
If you still need a little more umph, then you can add distilled vinegar to your rinse aid and that will help too. It shouldn't make your dishes smell. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment