What you will need:
- 5 Gallon Bucket with a lid.
- 1/2 Cup Borax
- 1/2 Cup Washing Soda
- 1/2 Bar of Fels Naptha, grated
- 6 Cups of water + enough water to fill your 5 gallon bucket.
- Grate soap with a fine cheese grater.
- In a large sauce pan add 6 cups of hot water and grated soap.
- Bring to a boil and then turn to low heat.
- Add borax and washing soda.
- When all ingredients are completely dissolved, pour into 5 gallon bucket.
- Fill the remainder of the bucket with very hot tap water.
- Allow to sit for 8 to 12 hours to congeal before using.
For a large load us 3/4 Cup of soap.