Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hello there

To start off, I like to look at a website called Pinterest. There are a ton of things to try. Most of the things I will share are from that website. Even though from the links they show how to do that thing, on two so far not successful. 1st one is making liquid hand soap from grating up a bar of hand soap and melting it with water and adding glycerin. That looked like it would work, for some reason not for me.


2nd thing I tried was making body wash from grated bars of soap and melting it as well with glycerin but using distilled water instead of tap water. Again, did not work. You know its so cheap to just buy the liquid soap in bulk in the stores so I will leave that be for now. 








Now on the successful, I have made a powder base for Cream of (something) mix. You can add to anything, with mushrooms and put on any meat or no meat. It came out really thick for me and like a white gravy. Goes great on mashed potatoes. 


Recipe for Cream of (something) soup mix:


1 cup non-fat dried milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup bouillon cubes
4 Tablespoons freeze dried minced onions (I used the minced onions from Sam's Club)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme (I couldn't find the thyme so I used dried parsley instead)
1 teaspoon pepper

(For the equivalent of one can of condensed cream soup, mix 1/3 cup dry mix with 1 1/4 cup water. Cook until thick)

Hope you like and enjoy the next to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment