Monday, May 6, 2013

One Year Later

Life is nuts and it just keeps going. Well, a lot has happened in the last year. 
Starting in June I had my daughter Claire Rene' and that was a new adventure. Breastfeeding for the first time. It was successful and tiring and empowering all at the same time. 
I made friends with a mommy group in Gastonia. Its funny how my son is a little older but Drew fits in well. He loves little kids. So far it hasn't changed. We finally got our big dream house we wanted. With a lot of stress and saving and planning we did it. 
In January the kids and I flew to California to see my friends and family. Such a great trip. 
My son turned 5 and we signed him up for kindergarten for 2013 school year. Such a blessing how my in laws are paying for him to go to a Christian school near by. 
Finally about a month or two ago I got back into sewing and crafting. Much easier now that Claire is almost 1. Its crazy to think that. 
My latest thing is getting my kitchen aid mixer. So happy for that. Got one on a major sale at Target. It was a long day waiting for the UPS guy that day. I had wanted one for about 7 years and before didn't have the money for it or space. Now its wonderful. The first thing I did was make 4 batches of my roll out cream cheese sugar cookie dough to freeze and made 2 batches of bread. They both came out so well. I tried making my royal icing yesterday and that was a flop but I didn't let that get me down. I just looked it up on other sources to see what I can try next. No biggie. I have a Facebook page now for my sewing which is Mir Made This. I really like it. Here are some pictures to show what is up.
My baby Claire

Our great house

                                                                                                 We started with a weekly walk


My niece and kids in CA

My new mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment